CLERANE is a range of very high purity, biodegradable hydrocarbon cleaning products.
Among this range, three grades, CLERANE 180, CLERANE 290 and CLERANE IP have been developed specifically for dry cleaning as high performance alternatives to perchloroethylene, the use of which is becoming increasingly regulated.
- Equivalent or even improved efficiency compared to perchloroethylene, on various stains and textile surfaces
- Better preservation of textile fibres and an easier ironing stage
Low HSE IMPACT
CLERANE 180, 290 and IP are:
- Biodegradable according to OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) guidelines
- Not classified as CMR (Carcinogenic, Mutagenic, Reprotoxic) according to GHS/CLP*.
- Not classified as flammable according to GHS/CLP* and transport regulations due to high flash point
- Not classified as chronically toxic for the environment according to GHS/CLP*
- 100% VOC** according to the 2010/75/EU DIRECTIVE, but significantly less volatile than perchloroethylene, allowing to strongly reduce the exposure of the personnel
Furthermore, CLERANE 180, 290 and IP :
- Do not contain halogenated molecules
- Contain extremely low levels of aromatics (benzene, toluene) and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH)
- Are not on the list of HAPs (Hazardous Air Pollutants) as defined in the US Clean Air Act
CLERANE 180 is already registered as an alternative to perchloroethylene for dry cleaning by the NYSDEC (New-York State Department of Environmental Conservation)
Cost effective approach
The very high purity and composition of our CLERANE range give it a very high stability over time, protecting you from any degradation of the product, even after numerous filtration and distillation cycles.
Our CLERANE range is designed to best meet your needs. The combination of your requirements in terms of drying speed, user comfort and safety will allow you to choose between the three grades we offer.
* Global Harmonized System / Classification, Labelling, Packaging
** Volatile Organic Compounds