In compliance with regulations on transport of hazardous substances
To deliver products sold to customers, TotalEnergies Fluids uses transport modes complying with the following regulations on hazardous materials transportation by road, sea, rail and air:
- ADR: European agreement concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by road;
- ADN: European agreement concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by inland waterways;
- RID: regulations concerning the international carriage of dangerous goods by rail;
- IMDG: International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code;
- IATA regulation for the transportation of dangerous goods by air;
- DOT: United States Transportation of Hazardous Materials Regulations;
- MEX: regulation for transportation of hazardous materials by road in Mexico;
- TDG: Canadian Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
In addition, as petroleum cuts, most products marketed by TotalEnergies Fluids are subject to the requirements of Annex I to the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution by Ships (MARPOL).
Some commercial products such as simple substances are classified in Annex II of the MARPOL Convention (e.g. toluene).