ISOPARAFFINIC SOLVENTS – ISANE RANGE
Solvents in the ISANE® range have an isoparaffinic structure which gives them a high degree of purity and specific properties, including very little or no odor and low surface tension.
ISANE® for paints, resins and metal working, etc
Isoparaffinic solvents are particularly designed for the following industrial applications depending on expectations in terms of flash point, solvent power or evaporation rate.
- Resins and Alkyd Paints
- Polyolefin synthesis
- Odourless thinners for paints and other uses
- Metal-working, cutting and EDM fluids, cupping, protection fluids
- Hand soaps; Household products
- Products for photocopiers
- Odourless fuel for oil stoves
- Inks for food contact materials and all uses requiring an odourless product in compliance with US FDA Regulation 21 CFR 178.3350 on isoparaffinic petroleum hydrocarbons, synthetic
ISANE® solvents: main characteristics
- Less than 20 ppm of aromatic compounds
- Less than 1ppm of benzene
- No odour for heavy ISANE® fluids, very little odour for the lightest products
- Low surface tension
- High interfacial tension
- Low electrical conductivity
- Very low pour point (below 50°C)
Isoparaffinic solvents: regulatory requirements
As products in the Isane range are very pure and relatively inert, they are often chosen for applications related to food contact materials.
The table below provides as overview of ISANE® product certificates.